[Solved] Cannot print in OpenOffice

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
scotroots

[Solved] Cannot print in OpenOffice

Post by scotroots »

Just from last week I can no longer print in Open Office, I did the update and still no printing. Printer is fine, everything else is printing to it. Only this program is not.. I last printed from Open Office I think last Wednesday, and I know Windows did an update last week too. Is anyone else having this issue pls?? windows 10
Last edited by RoryOF on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added [Solved] and green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
Open Office 4.1.4 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: cannot print in Open Office

Post by RoryOF »

Some recent postings say that reinstalling the printer cures this problem.

Pending reinstalling, if you have urgent printing, Export as PDF and print from your PDF utility.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: cannot print in Open Office

Post by John_Ha »

RoryOF wrote:Some recent postings say that reinstalling the printer cures this problem.
Be sure to get the new driver from the manufacturer's web site - there are reports that the problem is caused by W10 having? installing? the wrong driver.

See the other posts about printing - there are at least two on the first page!

If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
scotroots

Re: Cannot print in OpenOffice

Post by scotroots »

ThankYou All! I uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it and it will now print in Open Office... it worked!! appreciate the help
Open Office 4.1.4 on Windows 10