New BBCode

Let us know how we are doing -
DrewJensen
Volunteer

New BBCode

Post by DrewJensen »

A new BBCode has been added to the board, you will find the button on the edit post forum all the way to the right:

[aligntable =align,width,marginleft,marginright,border,brdcolor,bkgrdcolor]{TEXT}[/aligntable]

If you want to add an image, with a white background, and wrap the text to the right you would use:
aligntable=left,0,10,10,0,0,#FFFFFF

This works with [img] and [attachment] and [quote]. It should always the outer most code.

Enjoy.
 Edit: Oh yes there is this one also... :geek: 

Also added a very simple table code...there is a better one coming...
  • Tables anyone
Just a sinle column
For the moment
Multiple columns soon
  • The bbCode is web of course
[web]www.oucv.org[/web]
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Re: New BBCode

Post by AndrewZ »

Thanks. I am trying out the embed <web> for posting links. It may be more convenient for certain situations.
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

ah - actually that is one that will not be staying...so I would appreciate you not using it.

It was for a twisted purpose - so that people would recoginize it as a bad thing...think it back fired.
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

[quote="DrewJensen"]A new BBCode has been added to the board, you will find the button on the edit post forum all the way to the right:

[aligntable =align,width,marginleft,marginright,border,brdcolor,bkgrdcolor]{TEXT}[/aligntable]

If you want to add an image, with a white background, and wrap the text to the right you would use:
aligntable=left,0,10,10,0,0,#FFFFFF

This works with [img] and [attachment] and [quote]. It should always the outer most code.

Enjoy.

Also added a very simple table code...there is a better one coming...
  • Tables anyone
Just a sinle column
For the moment
Multiple columns soon
 Edit: Sorry the web bbcode has been pulled for the time being - 
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Post by AndrewZ »

I see some benefits and drawbacks. For example, a novice user may not notice the distinction between the forum and the embedded site.
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

Andrew, the other reason that Drew and I discussed re the [web] tag was that this could lead to SPAM exploitation by allowing people to create frames onto SPAM sites and since you can embed javascript this could also also other exploitation vulnerabilities. We need to look at the pros and cons before deciding on this one.
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Post by AndrewZ »

That supposes that people who view a post significantly unlikely to click on links. I submit that's false: people who view a post are likely to trustingly click links, so they are equally vulnerable. I hardly give thought to the source or examine the URL or whatever. Also, there are a category of dangers with the img tag. It loads files from arbitrary, un-screened web hosts. However, I've never had any problems visiting any web sites anywhere. I run Firefox on Fedora and feel very safe. :)

As far as spam, this USOO site hasn't seen much (or any?). Besides, the tag may not benefit spammers much. They seem content loading up pages with links, and the links don't require stable web hosting (while the embed tag does).

I'm still not saying I'm for this enabling tag. While providing little benefit, it could be confusing or take up too much bandwidth for dial up users.
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

What I really had in mind for this web tag was not for it to be used generally - but in limited, controlled circumstances for example a tutorial style posts. The one thing I would want to do is limit the availability of the tag to certain user groups and as of the moment I can't do that - once a tag is put in the forum it is available to all. I can keep it from displaying on the edit post form, but security by obscurity really isn't security..

Anway - I think folks could make a case for having this and for not - so let's hear from folks.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

DrewJensen wrote:
That one is really nice, better than the small line added automatically when you edit a post.

For the web code, I've quickly seen it and haven't really found it very usefull but perhaps because I've not really seen its benefits.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

Moved Topic to "Site Issues" to make it publicly readable.
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
Peeet

Post by Peeet »

I was just curious if the [Table=] and [aligntable=] tags were going to be updated so that we can do multiple columns and rows (cells). Is this something that might happen and if so, any idea when? Not demanding, just curious. It would come in handy especially for posts to the Calc section when talking about spreadsheets.
-Pete
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP