#10 envelope template chopping off left side return address

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Mama Bear

#10 envelope template chopping off left side return address

Post by Mama Bear »

I've been using Dazzle Envelope Manager to print single envelopes for my part time home business, since like 2001, but it's gone from the market and I haven't been able to find an inexpensive replacement for the Windows PC, so it's getting a little flaky with Windows 8.1 on my 3 year old Asus Quad core PC.

So I thought I'd try the #10 envelope template in Writer. I opened it up, configured my return address with my company name, put in a test address to send it to, and printed one.

But the return address is chopped off on the left side and I cant, for the life of me, find a setting to either adjust the print margin in Writer, or move the return address field over so it prints the whole thing.

Why is this so hard to use?
Melissa

OpenOffice 4.1.3 on a Windows 8.1 PC
acknak

Re: #10 envelope template chopping off left side return addr

Post by acknak »

It's hard because every printer deals with smaller media in different ways, and OO doesn't have the budget to support all the different printers, or market clout to draw printer manufacturers to do it.

You might try Insert > Envelope ... and pay particular attention to the "Printer" tab. It may take some trial and error to get everything configured properly.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Mama Bear

Post by Mama Bear »

I don't think it has anything to do with the printer. I JUST want to set the envelope margin.

For example: On a letter size page, I can set the margins to .25" and it's fine. I should be able to do that on an envelope too.
Melissa

OpenOffice 4.1.3 on a Windows 8.1 PC
acknak

Post by acknak »

Page margins are under Format > Page > Page
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

I think the template you are using is faulty.

Design your own envelope template - full instructions are in the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

When you insert the Envelope into your Writer document, on the Format tab of /Insert /Envelope, change the Sender : Position : from left to a larger value.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS