[Solved] Inserting text in a text box

Discuss the word processor
ps67boy

[Solved] Inserting text in a text box

Post by ps67boy »

Hi. I've created a text box but having trouble inserting text. When created, the box remains selected with the move icon (arrows) visible. Clicking outside the box shows the box but don't know how to type in it. Pretty basic but MS Word is in my head! Appreciate your help - Alan
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Re: inserting text in a text box

Post by floris v »

When I "draw" a text box, either a cursor appears in it so I can start typing immediately, or it shows the formatting tool, but then when I start typing, the text is entered alright.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Are we talking about a text box from the Drawing tool bar or one from the Form Control tool bar? If it is the latter, you need to toggle the design mode to Off. The button for that is the second one on the Form Control tool bar. It shows a drawing triangle, pencil and ruler. When design mode is off, most of the buttons on the Form Control tool bar are grey.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
ps67boy

Post by ps67boy »

Thank you both. Slight learning curve on my part. Sure you will all hear from me again!
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10