Version 4.1.4 Won't Load

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
blainewi

Version 4.1.4 Won't Load

Post by blainewi »

I downloaded this version after removing 4.1.3 from my computer. The file downloaded as it should with 134 mb. But, it will not load. I keep getting a message that says that I should close a running version of Open Office and to be sure that no one else on the system is running Open Office. I have no system and, as I said, I removed the previous version. I'm stuck and baffled.
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: Version 4.1.4 Won't Load

Post by RoryOF »

The OO quickstarter may be running. Start Taskmanager (ctrl shift Esc) and kill any soffice processes running on TM's Details tab (Processes tab on earlier versions of Windows); There may instead by OpenOffice processes on the Backgrounds tab. Delete these. Then try reinstalling OpenOffice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
blainewi

Post by blainewi »

I have checked carefully and there are no processes running that are labeled soffice (or called soffice in the description.) I have no background tab but I checked all the tabs and found nothing related to Open Office or soffice.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Is there a blue globe icon, with two white seagulls in the System Tray? If so, right click on this and choose Exit or Quit. Then try to install OpenOffice.
blainewi

Post by blainewi »

No there isn't. That icon appears in my Download file where i placed the install files.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you used Internet Explorer to download the install file, check that IE has not silently renamed the .exe file to something else. If so, rename it back to .exe and double click it. You may need to enable viewing of file extensions to see if such silent renaming has taken place. I can reollect reports of the install file being re named to type .man or type .zip; there may be other extensions used.