[Solved] Open a drawing file and choose file types

Discuss the drawing application
mrschulze

[Solved] Open a drawing file and choose file types

Post by mrschulze »

This is not a problem for me but seems to be a graphic text listing error. Using Draw, when opening a file and choosing the type of file there are 5-types to choose from as follows: odg, otg, sxd, std and sgv. sgv is the one I question. From what I can find in file searches, there is no such file type. There is however a svg file type and I am guessing that the program lists sgv but was meant to say svg. A dyslectic entry error? Maybe it's not a big deal but it should be corrected if it's an error. I don't have a svg file available to open to test if svg files can be opened. Maybe it should be checked out.
Last edited by mrschulze on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.4
MrProgrammer

Re: open a drawing file and choose file types

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
mrschulze wrote:sgv is the one I question.
StarDraw 2.0, circa 1995

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
erbsenzahl
Volunteer

Post by erbsenzahl »

mrschulze wrote:I don't have a svg file available to open to test if svg files can be opened. Maybe it should be checked out.
Search on Wikipedia (e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... raphic.svg) or openclipart.org, you will easily find svg files.
But! Often they are not easily to handle because of different source codes.
Cheers
LibreOffice current versions 7 and OpenOffice 4.1.15
on LinuxMint 20 - 21 Mate, W10-64 pro
mrschulze

Post by mrschulze »

Searches on google failed getting me an answer and fileinfo.com didn't list anything for it. File.org said little is known of the file type. Nevertheless, thanks for the response saying StarDraw 2.0 creates/opens sgv files. On a side note, I did find a svg file on my computer and using open office draw, I was able to open that file even though svg was not listed under the file types. I'm satisfied and things are good!
OpenOffice 4.1.4
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Seems like a few of the file extension sites don't have that information; but this one does.

To help us better help you, may I suggest you update your signature to include your operating system? How to update your signature
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers