Error message

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
fateague

Error message

Post by fateague »

I was using calc for a solid hour creating a complex page that was an addition to a multiple page spreadsheet. It went well initially and I printed out the finished page and saved it with no problems. When I switched to my laptop to post the document online the file will not load. I get a box that says "Read-Error Format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,177179(row,col)". What could cause this? Is there any way I can recover my work?
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: error message

Post by RoryOF »

Are you really using OO 4.1.3? Please check /Help /about and confirm which it is, OpenOffice or LibreOffice.

Your file may be recoverable; please upload it to the Forum, or place on a file sharing site and post the URL here.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
fateague

Post by fateague »

Yes. How do I upload a file?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The upload tab is below the Submit button on "Full Editor" and "Post Reply" screens.
fateague

Post by fateague »

Okay, I see it now. When you click "quick reply" it doesn't show up. Here is the version of the file that does not load anymore.
Attachments
2017 GP OVERALL and age group standing thru 12 races.ods
(59 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I could get nothing from it, but I am at the end of a very long day and my brain may not be firing on all cylinders. Please wait for input from others who are hopefully more alert than I am.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

I'm not even able to extract the contents.xml file. I keep getting a CRC Checksum Error
I hope this wasn't too important and/or that you have a backup, as I would have to classify the file you uploaded as damaged beyond repair
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
fateague

Post by fateague »

Okay, thanks for trying.