Viewing documents

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
hillfritz

Viewing documents

Post by hillfritz »

Hello,
I have had Open Office on my desktop and just loaded it on my new laptop. Can I view a document from my desktop on my laptop and how do I do it. When I clicked on documents on my laptop it said there wasn't any. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Open Office 4.1.4
RoryOF

Re: viewing documents

Post by RoryOF »

Unless your laptop is connected by network to your desktop computer (I suspect it isn't) you cannot directly view documents from one to the other. Instead, you have to move a copy of the document by copying it onto a USB key inserted into desktop, and transferring it to the laptop. You should get someone with computer skills to show you how to do this.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
hillfritz

Post by hillfritz »

Thank you, my computers are connected to a home group network, I will check to make sure I have lost the connection.
Open Office 4.1.4
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You will have to share the directory on the desktop computer and then connect to it from the laptop.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
hillfritz

Post by hillfritz »

Thank you
Open Office 4.1.4
davidhardy
Banned

Post by davidhardy »

For viewing your documents from computer to laptop you have to connect it in a network.
Unless connecting to the network its not possible view your desktop data in your computer directly.
Either you have to work in your laptop itself you should share the documents to your laptop .
So that you can view the documents without the need of network.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista