[Solved] Spreadsheet question

Discuss the spreadsheet application
dennispfaff

[Solved] Spreadsheet question

Post by dennispfaff »

I created a document on the Spreadsheet. Is there any way to hide the "sheet 1" at the top, and "page 1" at the bottom of the document?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7
RusselB

Re: Spreadsheet question

Post by RusselB »

I'm going to guess that you are referring to that information in regards to a printout, as I don't recall seeing it anywhere else.
If so
1) Go to File -> Page Preview (or the Page Preview icon on the Standard Toolbar)
2) On the Preview window, click Format Page
3) Select the Header tab, and uncheck Header On (for the sheet 1)
4) Repeat step 3, but for the Footer tab (for the page 1)
NB: If you want a header and/or footer, but not the defaults, then you can change what is displayed and where (left/centre/right) on the same appropriate tabs, but you'll need to leave the Header On and/or Footer On checkboxes marked
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
dennispfaff

Post by dennispfaff »

Thanks for that info!
Dennis
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7
dennispfaff

Post by dennispfaff »

It worked perfectly, thanks again.
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

1) Go to File -> Page Preview (or the Page Preview icon on the Standard Toolbar)
2) On the Preview window, click Format Page
3) Select the Header tab, and uncheck Header On (for the sheet 1)
4) Repeat step 3, but for the Footer tab (for the page 1)
NB: If you want a header and/or footer, but not the defaults, then you can change what is displayed and where (left/centre/right) on the same appropriate tabs, but you'll need to leave the Header On and/or Footer On checkboxes marked
If you did it, that means: You have edited the Default Page Style (or the actually applied one).

You can create and apply different Page Styles for each of the Sheets if you need it. You can vari the orientation of the sheets (Portrait/Landscape), the Header/Footer content, etc...) in one Calc DOCUMENT...

The "Styles" is the most valuable feature of the Apache OpenOffice and the LibreOffice . Use them.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
dennispfaff

Post by dennispfaff »

I tried to paste a document to "sheet 2" to tweak my original, but it did not have the same margins as the original, and apparently it will not allow me to make changes to sheet 2?
Is there a way to delete sheet 2 completely, and on another spreadsheet document I can't find out how to delete it completely?
Dennis
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

To delete all of the contents:
Ctrl-A - DEL

To delete the sheet:
Right click on the TAB of the sheet - Delete sheet (from the floating menu)

As I wrote: You can set different margins to the Sheets, when you apply different Page Styles to the sheets.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
dennispfaff

Post by dennispfaff »

Thanks again. I have much to learn.
Dennis
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7