Doc is opened in the background when LO is already running

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
librebuz

Doc is opened in the background when LO is already running

Post by librebuz »

Hi there,

when I open a LibreOffice-Document (via filemanager or terminal) when another LO-Document is already open, the second Document is opened in the background.

To be precise, this is what I do:
  • open Doc1 (by double-klicking it in my filemanager) -> Doc1 is opened on top of my filemanager
  • move the filemanager on top by klicking it on the taskbar
  • open doc2 (by double-klicking it in my filemanager) -> Doc2 is opened in the background of my filemanager
My first thought was that it's a matter of the filemanager or the window-manager, but:
  • Other applications behave different. When I open a second PDF-Document or a second Image, they are opened on top of the filemanager as expected.
  • Another "filemanager" behaves the same way. When I open doc2 via xterm or another terminal, doc2 is also opened in the background.
I did some search and found the proposition to set /org.openoffice.Office.Common/View/NewDocumentHandlung/ForceFocusAndToFront to true via Expert Configuration, but that did not change anything.

Any Ideas?

Edit: As there where no answers, I already asked in the Debian Forum. If I'll find a solution there, I'll post it here as well. I hope that is okay for both forums :unsure:.

I use LibreOffice 5.2.7.2. on Debian Stable with Mate-Desktop.
Libreoffice 5.2.7.2 on Debian Stretch
librebuz

Re: Doc is opened in the background when LO is already runni

Post by librebuz »

After trying around a bit I found out it only happens when either the sidebar is opened or one of the windows with the contets of the sidebar (Properties, Styles and Fortmatting, Gallery, etc.) is open.

There's an old bug report on this here: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/sho ... i?id=64033

A workaround is: close the sidebar.
Libreoffice 5.2.7.2 on Debian Stretch