[Solved] Blank Pages Randomly Appear

Discuss the presentation application
cynthiap

[Solved] Blank Pages Randomly Appear

Post by cynthiap »

Hello, I am making a presentation in Impress. In two different spots a blank page has been inserted. I did not insert these pages. These pages do not exist in the slide pane and they do not exist in the slide sorter. So, they can't be deleted. However when I do a slide show, these blank pages display.

Any ideas on how this is happening and what I should do?

Thank you.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.3
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Blank Pages Randomly Appear

Post by Zizi64 »

Can you upload your ODF type sample here?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
cynthiap

Post by cynthiap »

Hi Zizi,

I tried to upload for you, but the system tells me the file is too large and will not accept it.

Is there a way to compress size?

Thank you.
OpenOffice 4.1.3
cynthiap

Post by cynthiap »

Hello again ZIzi.

So when I tried to upload the file for you the first time, it told me it was too big and that the maximum size allowed to upload was 2 MB.

So, I had to delete 7 of the slides and remove most of my images to get the file size down under 2 MB. So the file I'm trying to upload is now 1.7 MB

But when I upload it here, now I get a message that says the file is too big and that the maximum allowed size is only 128 KiB.

So, is there some kind of trick to being able to upload an attachment here?

Thank you.
OpenOffice 4.1.3
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If a file is bigger than 128KB, use a file sharing site and post the URL for your file here.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
cynthiap

Post by cynthiap »

Well I tried deleting the slides in the areas where the problem was occurring and creating them again and that fixed the problem. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. LOL So, I don't know what the problem was, but it is gone. But thank you Zizi and Rory, I appreciate your help.
OpenOffice 4.1.3