[Solved] "UNDO" function not there?

Discuss the drawing application
justdfy

[Solved] "UNDO" function not there?

Post by justdfy »

Began using OO in 2009 or so, on a Windows Vista OS (Toshiba L300), Writer and Draw.
Bought (this) Macbook Air (Sierra 10.12.6) in Feb 2017, downloaded OO 4.1.3 (perhaps an earlier version) and have had "interesting" problems with the keyboard shortcuts set-up.
It could have been hacked, but the UNDO option of "command-z" has disappeared altogether. I did forget that "command-z" was already set for UNDO, and set it for "zoom". Once I realised, I tried reset it, but things have not been the same since, and the problem of no UNDO function option in the Customize windows arose.
So,
In the "TOOLS>Customize>Keyboard" window, in the Function menu, there is no "UNDO" option at all.
In the Windows Vista OO program, the equivalent of "command-z" would undo a move, repeated as many times as I needed if I had to to go back and back and back etc.
But now, the Function of "undo" just isn't even an option in the function list at all.

Being a Luddite, can anyone give me a clue in decipherable language (English preferred) about how to input the UNDO shortcut function again, and tie it to the "command-z" shortcut, please?

Maybe???? Guide me into the programming, so I can learn to add the UNDO to the function list, if that's not too hard to impart to one too old for geekdom?

(PS: If you can only mess me around, for your own juvenile entertainment, a fave' game for certain "creeds", others may well suffer. So please don't bother if you cannot be an adult?)

Have a nice day.
Last edited by justdfy on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on (2006 model) Toshiba L300, using a later (2013?) L300's HDD w Windows7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: "UNDO" function not there?

Post by Zizi64 »

The name of the desired function in the customize list is: "Can't Undo". (Win7, AOO4.1.3)
Undo.png
But the name is "Undo" in my LibreOffice 4.4.7
UndoLO.png
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
justdfy

Post by justdfy »

Hi Tibor.
Are you suggesting I should convert to LibreOffice?
"Can't undo" seems a pointless or incorrect "function" term?
So is it correct in itself?
And why would the "UNDO" function not even be in the list?
Rhetorical Q? of course.
OK, I'll check LibreOffice tomorrow and come back to you.

Cheers.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on (2006 model) Toshiba L300, using a later (2013?) L300's HDD w Windows7
justdfy

Post by justdfy »

I actually think that Silicone Valley is messing with me.
I downloaded OO 4.1.3 last night, before posting this thread's question, and the same flaws were in the new download.
Even MY same gradients! But not my "hatching" list. ????
Unless they're somehow stored in my computer, even after removing the old OO application to the trash.
Too strange to not be interference by geekbrats....

Cheers
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Can't undo" seems a pointless or incorrect "function" term?
It seems as incorrect name only. The functions works as the function "Undo" must be to work.

Are you suggesting I should convert to LibreOffice?
I am using LO 4.4.7 and LO 5.3.6. at home and at my workplace. They work fine for me.
The AOO 4.1.3 is installed only for trying issues of the posters on this forum.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
justdfy

Post by justdfy »

Can't undo" seems a pointless or incorrect "function" term?

It seems as incorrect name only. The functions works as the function "Undo" must be to work.

OK. I'll check again. Thanks.

And..... mmmm 8\ ?
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Not a direct answer to your original question, but as a new Mac user and self described "one too old for geekdom" you may find useful Mac-related information in [Tutorial] Mac FAQ.
Unless they're somehow stored in my computer, even after removing the old OO application to the trash.]
Most of your personal configuration is contained in the OpenOffice profile directory - [Tutorial]The OpenOffice User Profile
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
justdfy

Re: [SOLVED] "UNDO" function not there?

Post by justdfy »

Thanks David. I'm on my lonesome in remote Australian forests, without mates or a clue about how the software works, is stored etc. Plus I have terrible reading/learning difficulties, from too many fights bike crashes and grog. 8(
I took Zizi64's prompt and downloaded LibreOffice, which I'm getting used to now. it's good.
Libre seems an improvement of OO.
But, is it a "heavier" pack of software to OO, because Libre is noticeably slower?

Cheers Zizi!