Missing Files

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?
mamabetties

Missing Files

Post by mamabetties »

Hello, I have open office 4 on my computer and today it updated automatically and when i logged in to find a file everything was gone. Can someone help me find the missing files?
Open office 4 on windows 10
RusselB

Re: Missing Files

Post by RusselB »

When you say the files are gone, do you mean they have been actually deleted from your hard drive, or are they just not showing in a menu system?

Check your default saving directory for the files.
If you still can't find them, try using Recuva to recover deleted files
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
mamabetties

Post by mamabetties »

When I try and open up the spreadsheet document everything comes up with ###### all over the page. I’m doing a system reset to see if that helps
Open office 4 on windows 10
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

It probably won't
See viewtopic.php?f=74&t=84056
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

mamabetties wrote:Hello, I have open office 4 on my computer and today it updated automatically and when i logged in to find a file everything was gone. Can someone help me find the missing files?
OpenOffice does _not_ update automatically - one must specifically download and install any update. The update may have been an automatic Windows update; if this happens when OpenOffice is open, who can say what the effect will be? I suggest removing (Control Panel, Add/Remove programs) OpenOffice. Restart your computer after this, then reinstall OO from a fresh download, only from
http://www.openoffice.org/download/
 Edit: Any OO file open at the time of this forced update by Windows will most likely be corrupt and irrecoverable 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS