OpenOffice installing on iPad

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
Brumvondel

OpenOffice installing on iPad

Post by Brumvondel »

Hallo everybody,

I am just trying to install OpenOffice on my iPad Air 2 but i am not shure that it would work quite well. I have not found any resources so i would like to ask in this is possible.

Kind regards
Brum
OpenOffice 4.1 ob windows 7
Bill
Volunteer

Re: OpenOffice installing on iPad

Post by Bill »

The System Requirements for Apache OpenOffice on the official AOO downloads page does not list iPad. A Google search for openoffice ipad should find unofficial sources if they exist.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
PeteTheGolfer

Post by PeteTheGolfer »

I have OOReader on my iPad and iPhone. You can display documents and save them as PDF, but you can't modify them.

Search for open office in the app store.
OpenOffice 5.1.4.2 (x64) on Windows 10
Bidouille
Volunteer

Post by Bidouille »

You can use Office 700. This is a specific port based on OpenOffice.
But not free of charge: 3,99 € through the App Store

h**ps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/office-700-openoffice-port-for-mobile/id1097657424?mt=8
RogerKamena

Post by RogerKamena »

How is the performance on the iPad Air 2? I have one but never considered using OO with it. Also, is Office 700 worth the 3.99?
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
RogerKamena

Post by RogerKamena »

Hi again guys,

I've taken the time to answer my own question about the performance of Office 700. Overall, I'd give it a 72% grade. You shouldn't use the Office 700 Lite which is the free version. The limitations on the free version just goes to show you the developers were pulling a "freemium" move to get us to buy the paid version. I do have some reservations about the app and it isn't perfect. You can't use macros for example. But it does the trick if you're looking to do some light work on the go. I took the liberty of writing up a little review about my experience of Office 700 on my (French) blog which you can read if you'd like http://vilaingeek.com/openoffice-dispon ... ieusement/ (use Google translate if you can't read French) :oops: .

Thank you @Bidouille for sharing the resource !
waterlili

Post by waterlili »

PeteTheGolfer wrote:I have OOReader on my iPad and iPhone. You can display documents and save them as PDF, but you can't modify them.

Search for open office in the app store.
Just display documents and save them as PDF? Well, it's good enough for me (as a CN<>EN linguist]) already. When I open a file on my iPad and iPhone, I don't really expect for the luxury of being able to do a lot of editing with them. That's a task reserved for PCs, isn't it? :D
Last edited by robleyd on Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Disable live link to commercial site
Professional EN<>CN Linguistic Experts.