Write error, file could not be written

Discuss the spreadsheet application
RICKTORIA

Write error, file could not be written

Post by RICKTORIA »

HELP.....i have a a log where i keep track of employee daily hours and receipts of materials bought.
for the last two days when i go to save file it give me the following error ERROR SAVING DOCUMENT WRITE ERROR THE FILE COULD NOT BE WRITTEN
i am going to lose alot of data what can I do...the spreadsheet has 12 tabs sheets.....this is how i keep track of my guys work....how can i fix it....or should i just create a new one...

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
OpenOffice 4.0 on a mac
RoryOF

Re: HELP HELP HELP HELP

Post by RoryOF »

Outside of OpenOffice check that you have disk space. Also, in /File /Save as, manoeuvre to your desktop and try Saving your file there.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RICKTORIA

Re: HELP HELP HELP HELP

Post by RICKTORIA »

and another thing when the file is open it blinks...like it is cylcling though over and over...and it tells me i have a an update but i have downloaded that and shut my computer down but it still keeps happening
OpenOffice 4.0 on a mac
robleyd

Re: File won't save

Post by robleyd »

Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Boafo

Re: Write error, file could not be written

Post by Boafo »

I just experienced this problem on a CALC document with 10 sheets.
Although I couldn't save the spreadsheet, I could still work with it, so I created a new one and copied the one I couldn't save, sheet by sheet, into the new one and saved that. I did leave out a few sheets that weren't needed, but this workaround saved me a huge amount of work.
OO 4.1.5; Mac OS x Sierra 10.12.6
OpenOffice 4.1 on MacOS 10.12