Linked Documents

Discuss the spreadsheet application
vidaenjesus

Linked Documents

Post by vidaenjesus »

I used OO calc to create a payroll. Each employee has a document of 12 spreadsheets - one for each month. These are all in a file for the year and there's an accumulation spreadsheet, which calculates the month's taxes - one for each month and at the end a page that has a calculation for each of the four tax quarters. I used the "special link" option to link fields from one sheet to another and wrote a line telling it to add together fields from all the appropriate docs. I started these in 2008. Whenever I open one of these documents, the question is posed: "This file contains links to other files, should they be updated?" I always click "yes" so that all files have updated calculations. I can't just click this once, as it asks this question repeatedly and I keep clicking "yes" to be sure no updates are missed. Recently it has been hanging up, saying OO is not responding, and I have to click yes many, many times. Also, it did not update correctly twice last year, causing me to have to file corrected 941's and again this year I just caught it - thankfully before I filed for the quarter and I can just pay the additional taxes first and then file. Any idea why this is getting so bogged down?
Open Office 3.2, XP at home; Open Office 2.3, Vista at work
RoryOF

Re: Linked Documents

Post by RoryOF »

How many employees? How many files in total?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
vidaenjesus

Re: Linked Documents

Post by vidaenjesus »

10 employees, each employee has one document, 12 sheets ithin each year's file, plus an employee list document, which documents each individual's personal info and wage totals for each quarter and the aforementioned accumulation document which has a sheet for each month as well as a year accumulations page at the end of it. So to sum up, there are 12 documents comprised of 12-13 sheets each within each year's payroll folder.
Open Office 3.2, XP at home; Open Office 2.3, Vista at work