OO keeps keeps crashing on start up High Sierra

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
notatall

OO keeps keeps crashing on start up High Sierra

Post by notatall »

Hi,

I installed High Sierra and since then OO 4.1.3 keeps crashing at start up, it is crashing wether i try to open a file or the main program or on specific program via the explore package.
I try to start it with the terminal to see if i could have more info why it is crashing but no information, it just freeze with the blue loading bar around middle way

I try several solutions :
Renaming the user pref (~/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice.org/), at startup OO will create a new one but still will not load
Uninstalling OO and trying to reinstall : still not loading
Checking the HDD to with Disk utilities and SOS (restoring rights ...) : still not loading
Reboot several times : no luck yet
Tried to use time machine to go back to a "working date" : still not loading

I had twice an error telling me that there are multiple instances of OO but it should have been solved by removing the user pref folder i think
There are no .lock file
I do not have a remote login on my computer (to my knowledge) in my session or another one (there are no other ones actives)

I am stuck at the moment as all advices i search for usually advice to remove the user pref folder
I am aware that it is possible that it is not related to the HighSierra upgrade

Any idea where else i could look to solve the problem ?
Thanks for your help
OpenOffice 4.1.3 / MacOS High Sierra 10.13
MrProgrammer

Re: OO keeps keeps crashing on start up High Sierra

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
notatall wrote:I installed High Sierra and since then OO 4.1.3 keeps crashing at start up,
[Tutorial] Mac FAQ, Q15/A15? Otherwise see if the problem occurs on the Guest account, Q24/A24. Or see if it occurs in Safe Mode, Q34/A34.

Will OpenOffice work on macOS High Sierra?

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
notatall

Re: OO keeps keeps crashing on start up High Sierra

Post by notatall »

Hello,

Thank you for the reply,
I had already read the post regarding OO on HighSierra, that is why i think HighSierra is not to blame

I checked Q15/A15 and i do not have an automatic switching option, regarding display Apple RGB, i tried it (no change) but as i use a calibrated profile for my screen i switched back to my profil
That profile is made regularly since 2014 without any problem and did not interfered with OO

I created a guest access and OO worked the first time but still crash at the 2nd attempt to open it

I have a second user on the computer (not an admin) and it also has the same problem, first launch is successful, second one crashes OO

I am pretty sure it has something to do with the user profile but i can not figure what

I also noticed that when OO was successfully launched from 2 other sessions, it took a lot more time then usual

I also want to add that as long as i do not close OO, i can open any file i want without any problem
OpenOffice 4.1.3 / MacOS High Sierra 10.13