[Solved] Replace font of something already typed in Writer

Discuss the word processor
Danzyr0117

[Solved] Replace font of something already typed in Writer

Post by Danzyr0117 »

Is it possible to replace the font of something that is already typed without erasing the current version and redoing it? I have typed over 1,000 words and would like a way to do this automatically.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 5.2.6.2 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: How do I replace font of something already typed in Writ

Post by robleyd »

Hi, and welcome to the community forum.

Are you using a custom style for your work? If so, just edit the style and change the font as needed - this will change all text which has that style associated.. This would be the preferred way.

The quick and dirty way would be to select all the text you want to change - Ctrl-A if it is the whole document - and assign a font to the selection.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

There is not 5.x.x version of the Apache Openoffice now. I suppose, you are using LibreOffice.

How many different paragraph styles have you used in your document? You can modify the properties of the applied styles without retyping anything.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Assuming that you didn't change any fonts using the toolbar, then you can just change the Default font for the document. Select Tools > Options > OpenOffice Writer > Basic Fonts (Western). Select the new Default font and check "Current document only".
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

As a new poster you will find much useful information in the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials, the up to date Writer guide and the Writer Manual. When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Danzyr0117

Post by Danzyr0117 »

I have it figured out now, thanks to all who replied. I got confused, I'm actually using LibreOffice, though the solution seems to be the same for both :lol:
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I got confused, I'm actually using LibreOffice, though the solution seems to be the same for both :lol:
Yes, the AOO and LO are very similar, but not same office suites. The LibreOffice was forked from the source code of the OpenOffice. There are different features, properties and functions now, because the development of the LO has a higher speed.

Please update your signature.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.