[Solved] Doc opens with wrong page no. font style in header

Discuss the word processor
Reva Pap

[Solved] Doc opens with wrong page no. font style in header

Post by Reva Pap »

I am writing a novel in standard manuscript format, with a header at the right top of each page that includes the story title, my last name and then a running page number. The font style/size is Courier New, 12 pt, with one exception.

Though my default font for Writer is Courier New, both for the overall document and for the header, each time I open the document the page numbers only appear in Times New Roman, 12 pt. I can change the font to Courier New on all pages by scrolling to the end of the document, selecting the page number field in the header, and then changing the font style. I save the document and, for the session, the font remains in Courier New, 12 pt, but even if I save and close the document, the next time I open it I notice that only the page number in the header reverts to Times New Roman. The rest of the header remains in Courier New, 12 pt.

Is there a fix for this so that the page number doesn't change with every save and close? Thank you.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Living in Vancouver, Canada. I am using Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Mac OS Sierra.
RoryOF

Re: Writer doc opens with wrong page no. font style lin head

Post by RoryOF »

Format in which you Save your document?

Modify Paragraph style Header definition to change its font to Courier, not merely the page number field.

When you modify a paragraph style, it takes effect no matter where in the document you are currently.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Reva Pap

Post by Reva Pap »

RoryOF wrote:Format in which you Save your document?
Courier New
Modify Paragraph style Header definition to change its font to Courier, not merely the page number field.
Tried that. No luck.
When you modify a paragraph style, it takes effect no matter where in the document you are currently.
Not so. I have to scroll down to the last page of the document and change the header font for the change to appear on all pages. If I change it from the first page, none of the following pages show the change.
Living in Vancouver, Canada. I am using Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Mac OS Sierra.
Reva Pap

Post by Reva Pap »

Okay, I used my mouse to right click on the fully selected header and changed its definition to Courier New and it worked, i.e., I saved, closed and then reopened the document to find the page number font opens as Courier New. All fixed. Thank you for your help, Rory. :D