[Solved] Right to Left languages contrariwise in PowerPoint

Discuss the presentation application
Raiz

[Solved] Right to Left languages contrariwise in PowerPoint

Post by Raiz »

If you will create a presentation in OO Impress in any Right-to-left language, save it as PPT or PPS (In order to let people that don't have OO to open it) and then open it in PowerPoint - then you will see, that all the texts became "backwards". The letters in the words themselves are in correct direction, but the order of all the words in each line is vice versa. Totally unreadable.
(Like instead of "Tomorrow I will go to the work" you will see "work the to go will I Tomorrow").
(If you will open it in OO it will look OK).
I created today a big Presentation in a RTL language and that's what happen. Any solution? Please!!!
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 7
MrProgrammer

Re: Right to Left languages become contrariwise in PowerPoin

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Raiz wrote:If you create a presentation in OO Impress in any Right-to-left language, save it as PPT or PPS (In order to let people that don't have OO to open it)
Saving OpenOffice documents in other than Open Document Format (ODF) formats risks loss of data, features, or formatting. Always save your presentations as file type ODF Presentation (.odp).

Microsnot Office can open .odp files. If the presentation does not appear correctly when opened by Powerpoint, contact Microsnot. They are a large company with many employees and will surely quickly correct their wonderful software to handle Open Document Format properly. Their marketing materials say this format is supported.

If Microsnot is unable to correct a problem in the timeframe you require, remember that OpenOffice is free for anyone to install and runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. So there is no reason for anyone to be in the "people that don't have OO" category.

If someone is unwilling to install OpenOffice, you can create and take with you a portable version of OpenOffice which they can run on their computer without going through an install.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).