Lost Bitmaps

Discuss the drawing application
CoreyBairre

Lost Bitmaps

Post by CoreyBairre »

Hello. I'm having trouble with images displaying properly. Images are not displaying, there is just an outline and generic icon. When I click on it the status says "graphic selected" instead of "bitmap selected" for the ones that still work. The problem is with 3 of 13 image elements in the file. Is there a way to recover the images and for the program to recognize them as bitmaps again or do I need to redo them? If I need to redo them is there a way to insert the new image in the existing locations?

Thank you,
Corey Bairre

OpenOffice 4.1.3 Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Lost Bitmaps

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

See [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images for a discussion on how best to handle images in Writer, most of which applies to Draw. Are they linked? or embedded?
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
CoreyBairre

Re: Lost Bitmaps

Post by CoreyBairre »

Thank you for the quick reply. They are embedded. Linking saves the whole original image, whereas I am doing a lot of cropping and inserting copies of cropped pieces images in exact locations. I redid the work, split the file into several smaller ones in addition to the big master file, and backed them up on another hard drive so there are now four copies of everything.

Cheers,
Corey Bairre

OpenOffice 4.1.3 Windows 10