BASIC Runtime error (Property/method not found: Selectitem)

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
royalhd

BASIC Runtime error (Property/method not found: Selectitem)

Post by royalhd »

Hi guys,

I've recently put a lot of sweat and tears into my beatiful Calc sheet, yet now that I'm trying to edit it a bit more I keep getting the same error when hitting 'apply' in the conditional formatting part. My sheet is build around conditional formatting, and I have an extra plug-in installed to be able to add more than the standard amount of formulas for one cell. Perhaps the sheet is too much? Because I have a lot (!) of condotional formatting for a lot of cells.

I am a total noob when it comes to Calc / Basic, So I did not touch the macros / code one bit as I have just been using the 'conditional formatting' window to edit. I've attached an image of the error below. It's really messing with my sheet and my progress, so I hope someone can help me out here!

edit: not sure if the image is displaying correctly. Here is the link if it doesn't: http://imgur.com/a/o4ywJ

OpenOffice 4.1 on MacOSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite)
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: BASIC Runtime error (Property/method not found: Selectit

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload the real code list - embedded into a sample ODF type document - here.
Last edited by Zizi64 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
royalhd

Post by royalhd »

So I've been looking around a bit and managed to find the part of code in the plug-in (CFPlus) that I've mentioned before that is giving the error. Not sure if adding it in a empty file and adding it here is what you requested, as I said: 100% unknown to this. If not: please explain and I'll edit a.s.a.p. tomorrow. This sheet is my lifeswork..! :lol:

note: the plug-in seems to be in French, this is new to me as well.
Attachments
code-part-error.odt
(28.53 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
royalhd

Post by royalhd »

O, and this is the extension (not plug-in ;) that I'm talking about. I've downloaded it of an English website, so I'm just as lost as you are about the French part.

http://www.beaussier.com/sections/viewt ... f=1&t=1580
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Please upload the real code list - embedded into a sample ODF type document - here.
It is a Calc related question.
I meant "with the code embedded into a Module of a sample .ods document" = a working example with some sample data in the cells.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
royalhd

Post by royalhd »

Like so?

The error does not always appear and I haven't yet figured out what triggers it. In this example I have not gotten the error yet.
Attachments
example-forum.ods
(10.71 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

The document has no macros embedded and I can not find anything in that document that triggers any external macro. No document event, no sheet event, no form event, no form control event.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
royalhd

Post by royalhd »

As I obviously can't get these examples to work, would it be an option to send the originial document to someone trough PM?
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Yes, PM is an option. I'll delete your file when the issue is resolved and you delete the attachment after I received your message (moved from "Outbox" to "Sent")
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

You have to debug that Basic code. The file you sent me has no links to any Basic code.
royalhd

Post by royalhd »

Thanks for checking!