[Closed] Resize selected rows and columns only?

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Deblk

[Closed] Resize selected rows and columns only?

Post by Deblk »

Hiya. how can I resize certain columns and rows without effecting the cells that are already in use? I have tried freezing the cells I do not want changed but that does not work. I have also selected an area to change but that does not work either.
Can anybody help please?
Last edited by Deblk on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libreoffice 6.0.6.2 x64 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Resize selected rows and columns only?

Post by Zizi64 »

What you meant as "resize"? Do yo meant to change the width and/or height of the the cell?

You can resize the width of a whole column only, and you can change the height of a whole row only, but you can not midify the size of an individual cell.

Select a whole row or a whole column, and drag the size, or adjust the numeric value in the menu item
- Format - Row - Height
- Format - Column - Width
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Deblk

Post by Deblk »

Zizi64 wrote:What you meant as "resize"? Do yo meant to change the width and/or height of the the cell?

You can resize the width of a whole column only, and you can change the height of a whole row only, but you can not midify the size of an individual cell.

Select a whole row or a whole column, and drag the size, or adjust the numeric value in the menu item
- Format - Row - Height
- Format - Column - Width
I have an area which I do not want to change but would like to have another area where I can change rows and column sizes without effecting the other area if you get my meaning? As I said I did try freezing the area I dont want effected but it did not work :(
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I have an area which I do not want to change but would like to have another area where I can change rows and column sizes without effecting the other area if you get my meaning?
What area? Please definite precisely the area by name or by reference.

Or please upload a sample file here, and colorize the area that yout want to change.

You can resize the width of the area B3:C4 together the size of the cells B1, C1, B2, C2, B5, C5, B6, C6 (and more)... in these columns or
you can resize the height of the area B3:C4 together the size of the cells A3, A4, D3, D4, E3, E4 (and more)... in these rows.
resize cells.png
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

When Window > Freeze is selected, the position of the rows above the active cell and the position of the columns to the left of the active cell become frozen on the screen and those rows and columns will not move when scrolling. Freeze has nothing to do with the size of a cell or area.

There is no option to set the size of a specific cell. There are only options to resize selected rows and columns. If a cell is in a selected row or column that is resized, then that cell will always be resized.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Deblk

Post by Deblk »

Bill wrote:When Window > Freeze is selected, the position of the rows above the active cell and the position of the columns to the left of the active cell become frozen on the screen and those rows and columns will not move when scrolling. Freeze has nothing to do with the size of a cell or area.

There is no option to set the size of a specific cell. There are only options to resize selected rows and columns. If a cell is in a selected row or column that is resized, then that cell will always be resized.
That sounds what I would like to do. I select rows and columns that I want to change the size away from my other work on the sheet but when I do it resizes that as well?
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I select rows and columns that I want to change the size away from my other work on the sheet but when I do it resizes that as well?
Yes you will resize ALL of the cells in the selected row/s/ and/or in the selected column/s/.

No way to resize one selected cell only.