[Solved] Create shortcut key for function not shown

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
alanack

[Solved] Create shortcut key for function not shown

Post by alanack »

Windows 7, OO 4.1.3

I'm hoping to create a couple of shortcut keys or hotkeys (ctrl + x) for two functions that are not shown when I go to Tools > Customize > Keyboard - Functions - Category > Edit. The functions which are in edit but not shown here are Edit > Changes > Record and Edit > Changes > Show. Is it possible to create these shortcuts somehow? I flip back and forth between these options all day long in my editing work, and it would be great if I could create a couple of hotkeys to speed things along. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by alanack on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 4.1.2 on Windows 7
Mr.Dandy

Re: Create shortcut key for function not shown

Post by Mr.Dandy »

Ctrl+X is reserved to cut
OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

Those menu options are available, though not labeled as one might expect. In the Tools -> Customize menu Edit -> Record corresponds to Edit -> Changes -> Record and View -> Show corresponds to Edit -> Changes -> Show.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
alanack

Post by alanack »

Mr.Dandy wrote:Ctrl+X is reserved to cut
Thanks, but I just meant that as an example, I'll figure out what hotkeys are available when I figure out how to link the functions I need.
OOo 4.1.2 on Windows 7
alanack

Post by alanack »

FJCC wrote:Those menu options are available, though not labeled as one might expect. In the Tools -> Customize menu Edit -> Record corresponds to Edit -> Changes -> Record and View -> Show corresponds to Edit -> Changes -> Show.
Thanks for your help on this, but in Customize > Keyboard - functions - Category > Edit and then Function list the closest I come is a "Record" option. Unfortunately, there is no "Record and View" and there is no "Show" among the list of functions. I think we're looking in the same place, so I'm not sure how to account for this. Thanks!
OOo 4.1.2 on Windows 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Category > Edit and then Function list the closest I come is a "Record" option. Unfortunately,there is no "Record and View" and there is no "Show" among the list of functions.
The Record Changes is located in the category 'Edit',
but the Show Changes is located in the category 'View'.

I am using LibreOffice 4.4.7.
Record changes.png
Show changes.png
Last edited by Zizi64 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

The Record function you found toggles the Changes -> Record function that you want. To assign a hot key for Changes -> Show, set the Category to View (not Edit) and the Function is Show. See the attached image.
Show.JPG
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
alanack

Post by alanack »

Zizi64 wrote:
Category > Edit and then Function list the closest I come is a "Record" option. Unfortunately,there is no "Record and View" and there is no "Show" among the list of functions.
The Record Changes is located in the category 'Edit',
but the Show Changes is located in the category 'View'.

I am using LibreOffice 4.4.7.

The different version (I'm using OO 4.1.3) explains the discrepancy. I was able to find these shortcuts with the help from FJCC. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.
OOo 4.1.2 on Windows 7
alanack

Re: Create shortcut key for function not shown (Solved)

Post by alanack »

FJCC wrote:The Record function you found toggles the Changes -> Record function that you want. To assign a hot key for Changes -> Show, set the Category to View (not Edit) and the Function is Show. See the attached image.
Show.JPG
Thanks so much for your help, these two shortcuts are now working. Always grateful for the generosity of those on this forum!!
OOo 4.1.2 on Windows 7