Excel macro conversion

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
NoelChestnut

Excel macro conversion

Post by NoelChestnut »

Book1.xlsm
(21.88 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help with this.

I'm trying to get this to work in Calc however I'm having no luck at all.

Can anyone make it work?

Many thanks

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
OpenOffice 5.2 in Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Beginner Help

Post by FJCC »

Only very simple macros can be ported from Excel to OpenOffice or LibreOffice. LibreOffice has better compatibility with Excel macros but judging from your signature, you are already using that. If you really need to run this in Calc, you need to rewrite it.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
NoelChestnut

Re: Beginner Help

Post by NoelChestnut »

Yeah I've figured that part out, I am really struggling though hence why I'm here, there doesn't seem to be an abundance of guides/help etc available. Is there anything that could recommend that would help me?
OpenOffice 5.2 in Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Excel macro conversion

Post by FJCC »

The best resources I know of concerning macros are by Andrew Pitonyak.
You might also consider doing this in a database using the Base component of OpenOffice. That also requires a lot of learning but, if I understand what the macro does, it is the appropriate tool. There is a good Base tutorial here.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
MrLumme

Re: Excel macro conversion

Post by MrLumme »

You could rename it from 'xlsm' to 'xlsx'. I haven't hit any problems doing that yet.

Edit: Also note that if you do this, Microsoft Office will call the file corrupt, but OpenOffice will be fine with it.
OpenOffice 4.1.3, win7 & win10