How do I delete my account?

Let us know how we are doing -
Ahu Lee

How do I delete my account?

Post by Ahu Lee »

Here

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8279

it's said that "do not have an explicit account delete function within the current phpBB version."

And then it goes with
So to delete your account, select the "User Control Panel" link at the top left hand of the screen. From this, select the Profile tab->Edit account settings then change you email address

But there in NO option to change my email either!

So, what do I do to delete my account from this site?

PS this site is the worst internet experience I have ever had!
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 7 SP1 x86
FJCC

Re: How do I delete my account?

Post by FJCC »

The attached image show the part of the user profile that the instructions are referring to.

I understand that you are upset that it took several hours to get your first post approved. Keep in mind that most, perhaps all, of the moderators on this forum are in Europe or the US and your first post was late Friday/early Saturday for them. This is a user supported forum and volunteers are not always immediately available.
Profile.JPG
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

If you wish to change your registered email address, go to the User control panel - link at the top of this page.
Click on the Profile tab
Click on Edit account settings
In the Email address field, replace the existing email address with the new address
Repeat the new email address in the Confirm email address field
Finally, click Submit
ctrlpanel.jpg
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Ahu Lee

Post by Ahu Lee »

FJCC wrote:The attached image show the part of the user profile that the instructions are referring to.

I understand that you are upset that it took several hours to get your first post approved. Keep in mind that most, perhaps all, of the moderators on this forum are in Europe or the US and your first post was late Friday/early Saturday for them. This is a user supported forum and volunteers are not always immediately available.
Profile.JPG
FJCC, I perfectly understood where the part of the user profile that the instructions were referring to had been located from the very beginning, thank you. So, there was no need for your screen. The problem was that there had been NO option for changing it at that time. I thought I made it clear in my initial post. What is so hard to understand about it? Or maybe that was because of my not-so-good English? If the later was the case then I'm sorry.
Last edited by Ahu Lee on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahu Lee

Post by Ahu Lee »

robleyd wrote:If you wish to change your registered email address, go to the User control panel - link at the top of this page.
Click on the Profile tab
Click on Edit account settings
In the Email address field, replace the existing email address with the new address
Repeat the new email address in the Confirm email address field
Finally, click Submit
ctrlpanel.jpg
Thank you very much, robleyd. And please read my reply to FJCC above. Cheers.