New User Thoughts on OO

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
Gentlebeard

New User Thoughts on OO

Post by Gentlebeard »

Hello,

I am new and had some ideas.

1) A new user interface that is a separate program that is easy to use and connects to the advanced features of Open Office.

2) An integration of Cognitive computing with OO.

The results in my theory,
A) New users would like working with the new interface increasing adoption rates
B) The cognitive computing would ensure users get their task done quickly, efficiently, and reliably most of the time.

If I had to choose, I would go with the cognitive computing upgrade because it's next generation and could be a breakthrough over competitors. In theory the Cognitive AI, could talk users through what they are doing in both OO and the project they are trying to accomplish.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: New User Thoughts on OO

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the forums.
We are a peer support based help system and very few (if any) developers actually come here.
Your best bet for getting the items you are talking about introduced, is to write the code yourself and then incorporate it with the current code.
The licensing agreement gives you this ability.
Alternatively you can contact the development mailing list as described at https://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-l ... ist-public
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Gentlebeard

Post by Gentlebeard »

Thanks RusselB
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
adam davis

Post by adam davis »

OO is great, excellent free office with all the functions of others, the forum is a very useful and helped with a issue changing font color from automatic black, thanks to those using the forum.
open office 4.1 win 10