[Solved] What is the trick?

Let us know how we are doing -
dieterschmied

[Solved] What is the trick?

Post by dieterschmied »

OpenOffice is new to me so I decided the read the "instructions" . So in the first page I got this "instruction":
"Note that to improve forum performances, indexed words have at least 4 characters. If you want to search for words of 3 letters or below, you have to use the trick above."

I am not being difficult but where is the trick?
Last edited by dieterschmied on Thu May 18, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP Prpfessional
FJCC

Re: What is the trick?

Post by FJCC »

I think the "trick" is using the link just above that sentence to use the search function at https://forum.openoffice.org/
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: What is the trick?

Post by Bill »

The trick is to use Google and add "site:forum.openoffice.org/en/forum" to the search term.

For example to search for "rtf" on the English forum, enter "rtf site:forum.openoffice.org/en/forum" (without the quotes) in the Google search box.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
dieterschmied

Re: What is the trick?solved!

Post by dieterschmied »

Thank you for the example. I can see how the trick will do as the instructions say it will do.
I will probably never use it anyway.
But, your explanation was super; I seldom know what the respondents are talking about.

Thanks again.
Now I have another question and I will post it; I hope you answer it.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP Prpfessional