Movie Files

Discuss the presentation application
John Barnes

Movie Files

Post by John Barnes »

I had to try 3 different movie file extensions before I could get one to work. With M/S Powerpoint I did not have to convert my files. There should be more support for movie files and a list of available files should be available.
Open Office 4.1.3

Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Movie Files

Post by RusselB »

Did you convert the movies to the different format required for the different extension, did you rename the file extension or did you try 3 different movies (each with a different extension)?
If the last, are you sure that the format of each movie was correct for the appropriate extension?

What are you trying to do with the movies?
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Nathan.P

Post by Nathan.P »

Impress does not support that feature.
Export the slideshow as Shockwave Flash and play it in a browser.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 - Win7
Bauersoni

Post by Bauersoni »

If you just rename the movie files, it will not always work. For more formats, I think that the simplest way to convert the files is using the converter.
There are some recommendations
Any video converter: http://www.any-video-converter.com/for_video_free/
Wonderfox HD video converter factory: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/mp4-to-avi.html
Winx video converter: https://www.winxdvd.com/hd-video-converter-deluxe/
Hope it's helpful !
Last edited by RoryOF on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Disabled live links [RoryOF, Moderator]
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
Mr.Dandy

Post by Mr.Dandy »

OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10
kkmin

Post by kkmin »

Maybe you need to convert the movies in different formats, such as MP4, MOV (if you want to play the video on QuickTime). You can convert the movie using some online converters, such as Zamzar, Onlineconvert, etc. Also, you can try some offline video converter, such as Joyoshare Video Converter, Any video converter, etc.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

John Barnes wrote:There should be more support for movie files and a list of available files should be available.
AOO is written by volunteers and is always looking for volunteers to add function. Will you volunteer to do the work?

You presumably didn't bother searching the forum did you? Had you done so you would have found [Tutorial] Which video formats does AOO support?
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.