Inserting Images into Calc - Foreground / Background Issue

Discuss the spreadsheet application
rah

Inserting Images into Calc - Foreground / Background Issue

Post by rah »

I am trying to work with images in Calc to use as backgrounds to text for highlighting and emphasizing.

I can get the effects I want by placing the graphic over the cell I have my text in and then use the "Arrange - To Background" command to get the image behind the cell text. This works fine accept it seems to be a one way function. Once I have sent an image to the background, it's unselectable. The only way I have been able to get it back is to Undo the Arrange - To Background" command. If I need to move, resize or remove the graphic at a later time, I'm out of luck.

I tried using Navigator to see if the graphic was still somewhere in the file but I couldn't find it. The Calc Help File show a "To Foreground" command but if you can't select the object, you can't use it.

What am I missing?
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
acknak

Re: Inserting Images into Calc - Foreground / Background Iss

Post by acknak »

Did you try selecting it with the graphics selection tool--the arrow at the left of the Drawing toolbar?

I can also select it from the Navigator by double-clicking on the item name (under "Graphics").
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
rah

Post by rah »

Thanks. Who knew there was a "graphics" selection tool?!?!

I had inserted an ellipse graphic into my spreadsheet. There's no sign of it in Navigator that I could find. However, if you highlight the ellipse and select "Name" from the contextual menu and name it say "Ellipse", then Ellipse shows up under the "Drawings Objects" in Navigator.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
jrm_12345

Post by jrm_12345 »

I cant get this. Can u please help me?
The installed version is OpenOffice 4.1.1.
Windows 7 Professional. 64-bit Operating System.
coray80
Volunteer

Post by coray80 »

OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 7
If your question has been answered please add [solved] to the title by using the edit button at your first post