Move fields to the top or bottom

Discuss the database features
arfgh

Move fields to the top or bottom

Post by arfgh »

Hey guys.

I am unable to control what elements on my forms are over or under.
I have a form where i have an image control when on mouse over another 'imageprev' control that is bigger will be visible and show the image. On design time i selected that 'imageprev' and used the feature 'bring to the top' or whetever it is called in english. Also i selected all the labels and other fields and used the 'bring them to back' feature.

But for some reason, the labels keep over the 'imageprev'.

With libreoffice last version the result is worse. All the text fields and listbox etc etc keep over the imageprev control.

So i need a way to determine some 'zorder' or some...

thx in advance

Edit: Added AOO last version image. See the labels over the image control

Edit: Added LibreOffice last version problem. See that all is over the image control

OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
arfgh

Re: Move fields to the top or bottom

Post by arfgh »

anybody ?

Villeroy, help :)
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Looks like a bug. I can reproduce it with my own forms.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

i used a lot the features move to back, and bring to top, but the final result is that, always some field keep over. And in LO is worse as you see.
F3K Total
Volunteer

Post by F3K Total »

Hello,
the following was testet using AOO 4.1.3
IMPOV it's possible to define a zOrder of the controls on a form. I think it depends on their index in the structural form. You can simply reorder them, by using a helper form, see attached picture. The result appears not in design mode.
zOrder_controls.PNG
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Wow! Very interesting. However, picture controls fall out of this order.

Simple form for testing: download/file.php?id=3751
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
F3K Total
Volunteer

Post by F3K Total »

Villeroy wrote: picture controls fall out of this order.
Worked for me in AOO but not in LO :shock: See attached examples
z32.png
z32.png (5.75 KiB) Viewed 7308 times
I took care, that the helper form wasn't a subform, and dragged all controls first to the helper form and then back in correct order.
EDIT: I also have problems, if a subform is involved ...
R
Attachments
3over2.odt
(15.83 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
2over3.odt
(15.83 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

anyways i imagine 'zorder' property doesnt exist in AOO Basic ?
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

^^ i did all that but worked on a database and not in other. Yes, sub-forms involved.... Anyways it should exist in basic some way to control that order...
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

guys, i hope in the next AOO version this problem is fixed, because it is a complete nightmare to control this problem..... I have tried tons times the solutions you gave here, with no success. If we have for example a big image control over all, and we want to make it visible, ALL THE LABELS WILL BE SHOWED OVER THE IMAGE. We can move to the top and blablalba, will never works.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

arfgh wrote:guys, i hope in the next AOO version this problem is fixed, because it is a complete nightmare to control this problem..... I have tried tons times the solutions you gave here, with no success. If we have for example a big image control over all, and we want to make it visible, ALL THE LABELS WILL BE SHOWED OVER THE IMAGE. We can move to the top and blablalba, will never works.
Without a bug report no developer will ever notice that such a problem exists.
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

Is there a way to obtain all the form labels by index in order to hide them ?
I mean if is possible to get the labels collection by their index in order to interact with them.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

You can loop through all controls and check each one if it is a label control.
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

i know villeroy, but i have figured that exist other proper way to obtain the selective labels collection, without to loop through all controls...
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

is there a way to know programatically basic the number of controls in a form ?
also
is there a way to know programatically basic the control type ?
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I would fire up MRI to find the answer to all these questions. You can do the same.
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

i have thought about that, but i dont know how to use that extension...
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Perhaps you might find this tutorial on MRI helpful.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

Well, i am trying but for example... following the structure of a form with MRI to the last label with getByInex(38), i cant see in the MRI the way to use 'setVisible'. Isnt into the 'Methods' tab and in the macro i can use it. What am i missing ?
Also is there a way to see its control type ?
Arineckaig
Volunteer

Post by Arineckaig »

i cant see in the MRI the way to use 'setVisible'. Isnt into the 'Methods' tab and in the macro i can use it. What am i missing ?
As I understand it, to remove the visibility of a Form Control its setVisible() method should be applied to the View of the Form Control. In this way the Model of the Form Control is left unchanged so that visibility is automatically restored as soon as the form document is closed and reopened.
Also is there a way to see its control type ?
Again as I understand it the most reliable type property for a Form Control tends to be its ImplementationName.
When this issue has been resolved, it would help other users of the forum if you add the word - [Solved] - to the Subject line of your 1st post (edit button top right).
AOOo 4.1.5 & LO 6 on MS Windows 10 MySQL and HSQLDB