Convert Macro

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
saka

Convert Macro

Post by saka »

Hello everyone,
I'm new here, and I need help.
Is there a possibility that this excel table converts into open office but also to transfer all VBA codes to work as well as in the office. I do not know how to konverutjem VBA codes and whether it can at all.
thank in advance
Attachments
Pause.xlsm
(26.78 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Open office 3 on Windows XP
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Convert Macro

Post by Zizi64 »

The MS VBA and the API+StarBasic are not compatibile. You must use the native fileformats and must rewrite all of your macros based on the Application Programming Interface of the AOO, if you want work with the macros efficiently in the Apache OpenOffice.

Or you can try the LibreOffice: it has a littlebit higher compatibility with the MS VBA macro codes.

But it is strongly recommended to use the International Standard, native ODF fileformats anyway.
Last edited by Zizi64 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
saka

Post by saka »

tnx
Open office 3 on Windows XP
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

At the top of a module you can put the following.

Option Compatible ' VBA compatibility on.
Option ClassModule ' (VBA) Make module as class module.
Option VBASupport 1 ' Switch VBA suppport mode, Compatible is also on. 0 to turn it off

Compatability with VBA isn't complete. I've found the ability to use a class module very useful though

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Category:VBA
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)