[Solved] How to return to single page view

Discuss the word processor
balanceact

[Solved] How to return to single page view

Post by balanceact »

Hello out there!!
New to OpenOffice. I am working late on a document, and somehow, I have no idea what I did, the view switched from a single page to showing both pages of my document in one window. This makes the text size unreadable!!

How do I get back to a single page view?

Thanks for any help! balanceact
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.3 Window 7 Pro
RoryOF

Re: How to return to single page view

Post by RoryOF »

Check that you have the Status Bar displayed (bar at bottom of OO window). If not, /View /Status bar to turn it on. At the righthand side of this bar are three little icons; click on the leftmost icon, a single page. Then adjust the display scaling as you wish by pulling the slider to their right, or double or right clicking in the % box in the corner. You can also use /View /Zoom to change display settings.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
balanceact

Re: How to return to single page view

Post by balanceact »

Thanks Rory! I appreciate your quick reply!

After more than half an hour of looking through all the top tabs I did find the Zoom in View and changed it from 60% to 100% and Voila! I was back to the one page view. I did this shortly after posting my plea for help. I have no idea how I jumped from the single page to multiple page view. I was moving the cursor from the right side of the page into the center and something I did caused the switch. It was just luck that I stumbled on a way to switch back.

Good to know this forum can help out!! Next time I may not be so lucky on my own.

balanceact
OpenOffice 4.1.3 Window 7 Pro
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] How to return to single page view

Post by RoryOF »

I suggest you investigate the method of the three icons, slider and % box for changing the OO view. In editing it is often useful to select Single Page, and Page width setting, so that one concentrates on the immediate text entry and its few preceding sentences. It becomes simple to switch back to full page view and back by double or right clicking in the % box in the corner of the OO screen when Status bar is enabled.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS