[Solved] Clipboard with multiple entries

Discuss the word processor
Lavengro

[Solved] Clipboard with multiple entries

Post by Lavengro »

I should like to know whether a function similar to Word's clipboard exists in OpenOffice.

Regards,

Lavengro
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Clipboard

Post by Hagar Delest »

Same discussion here: Clipboard and multiple "copy"s for pasting - how?

You should ask for it on the Issue Tracker: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Dave

Post by Dave »

http://www.nonags.com/nonags/clipb.html

As "Word", or any other program, adds more and more "features", they become so bloated that it is not at all surprising that the interaction of these many program snippets becomes top-heavy. I don't know whether these constant comparisons are genuine, but I do know, from many years of experience, that (i) there is no need for one single program to do absolutely everything, and that (ii) no one single program can do absolutely everything very well. One needs only study the history of MS software development with its multiple crashes and patches to have some idea of what I'm driving at. Having all the eggs in one basket has never been a really good idea.

David.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

+1. I always switch that feature off when working with MS Office.

But this question is rather frequently asked so I'd like to have it filed so that users can discuss it in the right location (the Issue Tracker).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

ClipGuru is a great free utility allowing multiple clipboards with persistence of data storage across reboots of the PC too. It also allows you to organize your clipped data into 'groups' of subject.

Note the prettiest interface in the world, but it is quick and handy once you fathom it out.

ClipGuru
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

TheGurkha wrote:ClipGuru is a great free utility allowing multiple clipboards with persistence of data storage across reboots of the PC too. It also allows you to organize your clipped data into 'groups' of subject.

Note the prettiest interface in the world, but it is quick and handy once you fathom it out.

ClipGuru
+1.

I've been running ClipGuru portably (on a USB stick) and like it a lot, even if the interface isn't pretty. It's versatile and powerful. It does not replace the clipboard but it does allow you to manage clips, organize them, annotate them, search them, and combine them... among other things.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Lavengro

Post by Lavengro »

Many thanks for recommending ClipGuru. It serves my purposes admirably.

Best regards,

Lavengro
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

If you question has been answered please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can also select the green tick icon.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust