Save Existing Gradients That Are Not in the Gradient List

Discuss the presentation application
SuperBoppy

Save Existing Gradients That Are Not in the Gradient List

Post by SuperBoppy »

Is there a way to save an existing gradient used in a slide show to the gradient list? I had several gradients I used for a long time that are now missing from the list - somehow Open Office reverted back to the standard list sometime in the recent past. Unfortunately, I did not save a gradient file, but these gradients are still in the background in my older slide shows. Is there an alternative to recreating them from scratch by trial and error?
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Save Existing Gradients That Are Not in the Gradient Lis

Post by Zizi64 »

Is there a way to save an existing gradient used in a slide show to the gradient list?

Please clarify: What 'gradient' did you meant?
Did you meant the background colorize feature of the graphical objects? If the ansver is 'YES': it works in my AOO 4.1.3 portalbe version, and in my LibreOffice 4.4.7 verion.
You must SAVE the created custom gradients to the default gradients list if you want use it in the future for other documents.
Gradient AOO.png
Use the 'Add' button to create and name of a new custom gradient, then adjust it, and then use the 'Save' icon on the dialog box.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
SuperBoppy

Post by SuperBoppy »

So, if there is a gradient in a slide background that is not in the gradient list, nor was it ever saved to a gradient list file, there is no way to copy that gradient background to a list, or obtain its parameters so it can be created in the list precisely - is that correct?
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

So, if there is a gradient in a slide background that is not in the gradient list,
How you applied that custom gradient? It was created - or selected -and modified and applied on an another PC with a gradient name of the default gradient list?

Can you upload YOUR example ODF file here?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
SuperBoppy

Post by SuperBoppy »

I think you've answered my question. There is no way to upload a background into the gradient file, because once a gradient is chosen, OO takes the parameters and "paints" the gradient onto the background, as if you chose a bitmap to display in the background. There is no way on OO to "reverse engineer" what parameters were used to create the gradient except through trial and error, recreating it from scratch through the gradient parameters dialog. BTW, I was unable to load a file. The forum restricts the file size to 128 kb, and I could not get the file size down to that, even with just one slide in the file. Thanks for your input.