Program Lockups

Discuss the presentation application
alloydog452

Program Lockups

Post by alloydog452 »

I don't hold out much here as the complaint goes back many years with lots of suggestions but none have worked for us.
We transition between all black background slides (so as not to be visible to the audience). Two slides with very short videos are sandwiched between two black slides.
After starting the slide show and on the 1st blank black slide we raise a cover from in front of a projector suspended high up (inaccessible) on a light bar.
Not always - but on several occasions after trying to transition from a video slide Impress locks up!
We have to lower the shutter - escape from Impress (which Windows 10 says has "Stopped Working") and restart/repair.
Luckily we have some time between cues and can do this. But for any faster cues we would have to find a different method - pity
We have increased the total and object memory (per on-line suggestions)
Using new DELL Laptop with Window 10 and displays set to "Extended"
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Program Lockups

Post by John_Ha »

Try resetting the profile - see Resetting the user profile in the thread.

If that does not fix it then upload an example file which causes the problem so someone can have a look at it - use mediafire or google drive etc if over 128kB.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
alloydog452

Re: Program Lockups

Post by alloydog452 »

Resetting the profile did not cure the lockup at all. I attached the short slide show to the reply I made to my other concern "White Flashes" can you get it from there or should I send it separately to you.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10