[Solved] Running OO apps.

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
supernova190

[Solved] Running OO apps.

Post by supernova190 »

I am using Open Office 2.4 on Mac OS X 10.4.11.

Edit:Thanks very much for the help. I can now run all the OO apps. If anyone knows how to make a shortcut directly to any app on the desktop, please let me know.

How do I run any OO application other than Writer? I click on the Icon for OO, and Writer starts up. All advice is much-appreciated.
Last edited by supernova190 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Mac OSx other + None
acknak

Re: Running OO apps.

Post by acknak »

You can access any OOo application or document from any OOo application. In Writer, File > New > Spreadsheet will start OOo Calc, or File > Open > MyPresentation will start Impress with that file.

I don't know the steps, but I'm sure you can also configure the Mac desktop to start any of the OOo apps directly as well.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
squenson
Volunteer

Re: Running OO apps.

Post by squenson »

Once Writer is loaded, go to the menu File > New and select the type of document you want to create. Noote this is the menu under XP, but I guess it is the same on a Mac. If you have an icon with Quickstarter, right-click on it to create the document of your choice.
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Running OO apps.

Post by Hagar Delest »

supernova190 wrote:If anyone knows how to make a shortcut directly to any app on the desktop, please let me know
See end of that thread: [Solved] In 3.0 Beta, how startup directly in Writer. Even if it's for the Beta, perhaps it can be adapted.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10