[Solved] Userdefined animation

Discuss the presentation application
lynghus

[Solved] Userdefined animation

Post by lynghus »

Hi - Im using impress - but i cannot open the animations menu. When I activate the roll down "Presentation" and activate "Userdefined presentation - nothing happens. Please advise.
(hope my translation is correct - Im workin with a Danish version)
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Openoffice 3.1 Windows 8
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Userdefined animation

Post by Zizi64 »

Maybe I did not understood it exactly:
Do you want to make an animated object on a slide, or an animated transition between two slides?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
lynghus

Post by lynghus »

I generally want to use animations - fade in, fade out of graphics, words etc. I cannot activate the userdefined animations menu.
Openoffice 3.1 Windows 8
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I generally want to use animations - fade in, fade out of graphics, words etc. I cannot activate the userdefined animations menu.
I Ask you again: What do you want to animate?
The Slides? The objects? A specific picture?

There aret hree features in the AOO/LO Impress for the animation:

1.: The transition animation between the slides is available on the Sidebar at the Side Transition part.

2.: You can animate the appearing of the inserted graphical object by the Custom Animation feature.
Just select an object, and then click on the Custom Animation icon of the Sidebar. Then click on the "Add effect (+) button. Select the desired effect. Adjust the properties of the effect.

3.: You can create your own animated picture by "recording"/creating and adding some picture phases to a newly created object by the "Insert - Animated picture" menu item.
You can create the phases of the picture with the Draw application or other (third party) image manipulation software. You can organise the phases by this Impress function. (You can add/delete/(sort) the phases of the aninmation) The result will be an embedded animated GIF picture.
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
lynghus

Post by lynghus »

I want to animate specific objects such as graphics, lines of text and similar.

The problem might be, that I do not have any sidebar or sidebar icon as you mention under "2". How do I activate this feature?
Openoffice 3.1 Windows 8
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I do not have any sidebar or sidebar icon as you mention under "2".

I am generally using LibreCffice 4.4.7. Now I tried that feature in my AOO 4.1.2 version.

Click "View - Sidebar" menu item to show the SideBar.
Click the "Custom animation" icon at the edge of the SideBar.
Select the object that you want to animate.
Push the "Add" icon of the "Modify effect" area.
Select an effect.
Adjust the existing properties of the effect.
Custom animation.png
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Your signature is:
Openoffice 3.1 Windows 8
Do you really using that very old version of the OpenOffice.org? If the answer is "yes", then please upgrade your software to the latest Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice version, and/or update your signature in this forum.
lynghus

Post by lynghus »

Hi Tibor - I use windows 10 and open office 4.1.3.

My problem was, that I had no sidebar. The sidebar option was checked under the view roll down bar - but no sidebar appeared.
Its solved now by un-checking the sidebar, and then activating it again.
Mystery solved - although I do not understand how it disapeared in the first place.

Thanx.
Openoffice 3.1 Windows 8
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Mystery solved - although I do not understand how it disapeared in the first place.
You can hide/unhide or switch off/on the SideBar:

You must use the menu item View - SideBar to the switch on/off the SideBar,

Or you can use the "five small dot" like control element on the edge of the SideBar (middle of the vertical size of the SideBar) for sliding the Sidebar out/in from/to the screen area.

I use windows 10 and open office 4.1.3.
Please update your signature.