Pictures keep disappearing.

Discuss the presentation application
travisoutlaw101

Pictures keep disappearing.

Post by travisoutlaw101 »

Please help! Multiple pictures in my slideshow keep disappearing, both from the left panel where the slides are listed and from the presentation itself. When I play the slideshow, pictures may appear on the left panel but won't show in the presentation. I am using version 4.1.3.

Here is the file itself: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2y3smd4e1 ... deshow.odp
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Pictures keep disappearing.

Post by floris v »

Make a copy of the file and change the extension to .zip. Open the archive, open content.xml in a text editor (or xml editor). Scroll down or search for href="". You will find that for the missing pictures, the name of the inserted file is missing. I don't know why that happened or what you did to get that effect. You can delete the frames holding the missing pictures and insert them again, then test if that works.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
RPG
Volunteer

Post by RPG »

Hello

I think : when you compress all the pictures your presentation is more stable.

Select the picture and then right click. Choose compress. You can also compress the picture before you use them in the presentation. Keep a copy of the originals.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
travisoutlaw101

Post by travisoutlaw101 »

RPG wrote:Hello

I think : when you compress all the pictures your presentation is more stable.

Select the picture and then right click. Choose compress. You can also compress the picture before you use them in the presentation. Keep a copy of the originals.

Romke
I right-clicked on photos but there was no "Compress" option. I selected every photo in the folder and chose Send to Compressed Folder. A new compressed folder was made but I cannot access it in Impress because when I choose, "Add Picture", the compressed folder is nowhere to be seen. I am ripping my hair out over this bug-ridden software.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

You shouldn't put the pictures in a compressed folder, but use a picture editing program to make the file size smaller by optimising the internal compression. That won't solve the problem that you now have, but it's good practice.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

right-clicked on photos but there was no "Compress" option.
My "old" LibreOffice 4.4.7 has such floating toolbar item, but my "newest" AOO 4.1.3 is not.
(The recent version(s) of the LibreOffice are the "LO 5.2.3 Fresh" and the "LO 5.1.6 Still".)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Mr.Dandy

Post by Mr.Dandy »

With AOO 4.1.3, you might "minimize" your presentation (Tools menu).
OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10