[Solved] Where to find the latest 3.0 beta?

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
kkling

[Solved] Where to find the latest 3.0 beta?

Post by kkling »

Where should I look to find the latest builds of the Mac OS version of the 3.0 beta? I know of this site http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/Ope ... rg/MacOSX/ but I don't know which version I should choose. How should I interpret the file naming syntax? The latest file as of today is Dev_OOO300_m1. I notice that the naming syntax on that file is different than the others listed there. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by kkling on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
Phil
Volunteer

Re: Where to find the latest 3.0 beta?

Post by Phil »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Go to the extended mirrors list, then choose a mirror site near you, and then go to the folder ./extended/developer/.

Here you will find the latest developer snapshots. They are anounced on GullFOSS (which you can subscribe to via RSS or Atom feed) where you will also find direct links to the mirrors.

Note that these are developer snapshots, i.e. they may have additional bugs.

An alternative is to go for the 3.0 Public Beta 2 which is known to be quite stable.

Regards,
phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
kkling

Post by kkling »

Phil thank you so much. GullFOSS is what I needed to sort out the naming syntax change. Thanks again.
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
Phil
Volunteer

Post by Phil »

You're welcome! 8-)

Thanks for adding "[Solved]" at the beginning of your first post title (by using the edit button).

Best regards,
phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP