Problem with envelope templates printing

Using them, Making them, Finding them
ghartner

Problem with envelope templates printing

Post by ghartner »

I successfully printed a #10 envelope using the OpenOffice template. The two other templates: 3 5/8 X 6 1/2 envelope and the 4 1/8 X 9 1/2 envelope don't print out correctly. The templates will come up on the PC when selected. I can enter the addresses, but when I print, I get an error from the printer saying that the envelope loaded is not #10. If I tell the printer to print anyway, the envelope comes out with only a small part of the address. Evidently the printer was still in the #10 mode. The printer that I am using is an Epson WF-4630 Workforce Pro. Has anyone come across this problem?
OpenOffice version: 4.0.1 running on Windows 8.0
brockman

Re: Problem with envelope templates printing

Post by brockman »

I have found the templates to be lacking. It's a bit of a pain at first, but I have had success making my own templates. You will need to:
format the page(format--page) style.

I would recommend getting rid of headers and footers or use the header for the return address, put the mailing address in the body and get rid of the footer.
Also you probably don't want a border or any columns.

Under the "page" tab, forget about the "format" and just go with the width and height of your paper. Go ahead and measure them with a ruler.
Then set the margins. This is the tricky part because the default margins are not going to work on such a small envelope. You will have to make them smaller, but not smaller than what your printer is capable of printing. You might have to use some trial and error here. (print preview can save you paper)

Good Luck!
LibreOffice 3.5.7.2
Linux Mint Maya 3.2.0-23-generic (x86_64)
XFCE 4
ghartner

Re: Problem with envelope templates printing

Post by ghartner »

Thanks very much! I'll give it a try.
OpenOffice version: 4.0.1 running on Windows 8.0