[Solved] Solution to Error 1335 'cabinet file Corrupt'

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Papasmurf60

[Solved] Solution to Error 1335 'cabinet file Corrupt'

Post by Papasmurf60 »

Solution: Change the memory settings for installation
When loading Aoo4.01 I was receiving the following message: ERROR 1335. The cabinet file 'openoffice1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, and error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

This is a/the solution to the problem. Change the memory setting for installation.

To change the memory settings for installation, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
On the BOOT.INI tab, click Advanced Options.
In the BOOT.INI Advanced Options dialog box, select the /MAXMEM= check box, and then change the setting to 256 (or lower if your computer has less RAM).
Click OK to close the BOOT.INI Advanced Options dialog box.
In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Apply.
Click OK to close the System Configuration Utility dialog box.
Click Restart to the following message:
You must restart your computer for some of the changes made by System Configuration to take effect.
After you restart your computer, install Office as a Complete Install.
After you install Office, follow steps 1 through 8 to clear the /MAXMEM= check box.

:!: It is a slow loading procedure and you may think it's stopped. BE PATIENT, It will be working :!:
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows XP 2002 Service pack 3
RoryOF

Re: Solution to Error 1335 'cabinet file Corrupt'

Post by RoryOF »

Some research suggests that this problem may arise because of bad RAM; your restriction of the /MAXMEM setting to less than 256 excludes the questionable section and allows an install to take place. However, if it is a RAM problem the questionable RAM may manifest itself in other ways, possibly (not exclusively) as corrupt data files.

So in my view it is worth fixing the problem. If you are hardware confident, you should open your computer (power disconnected!) remove the RAM sticks, blow out or vacuum clean the inside, most particularly the RAM slots, then reinsert the RAM, verify that it is correctly seated, and then run an indepth RAM test. If you are not hardware confident, you could bring the machine to the local computer hospital and ask for the RAM to be reseated and the interior cleaned.

This procedure should clear many RAM problems, but if the actual chips are failing, it won't.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Gonball

Re: [Solved] Solution to Error 1335 'cabinet file Corrupt'

Post by Gonball »

Hi I followed the suggestion about setting memory in msconfig but now my system will not boot into windows at all, won't restore and won't boot into safe mode. Any help for this situation I am now stuck in?
LibreOffice 5.2.2 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

This is a Windows problem and you should look for help on a Windows Form. Have you turned your computer off, counted twenty, and then on again?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

I think Windows 10 should boot to advanced startup options after two failed boots.

See if this tutorial on Windows TenForums helps:

How to Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Gonball

Post by Gonball »

Regardless that it's might be a "windows problem" it is worthwhile that anyone attempting to use the fix posted here know they might encounter pitfalls and know how to deal with them. I was on the verge of re-setting. I eventually got to the dos prompt and used bcedit commands to re-set. Most would invest quite a bit of time hunting down the possibility of using this somewhat obscure utility. Subsequently I gave up on the Apache implementation of open office but was able to install an alternative. Thanks Bill for your effort to make a helpful suggestion.
LibreOffice 5.2.2 on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

It should be noted that the fix was posted by a Windows XP user for a Windows XP system. Windows XP had a minimum requirement of 64MB of RAM, but 32 bit Windows 10 has a minimum requirement of 1GB and 64 bit Windows 10 has a minimum requirement of 2GB.

This fix appears to have come from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q314810. I've found it posted on other forums as far back as 2002.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Lawrence_Ain

Post by Lawrence_Ain »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! I don't know about Windows XP users, but if you're using Windows 7, DO NOT USE THE SETTINGS PROVIDED BY @Papasmurf6! It will crash your system and it will show you the blue screen error. If you've already made the mistake, as I did, use the following instructions to fix...

Step 1: Forcefully shut down your system by holding down the power key until it turns off.

Step 2: Turn on your system and immediately press f8 continuously, it will show something like "Advanced booting options" then click on the first option on the list, something like "Repair system".

Step 3: Follow the prompt; set your keyboard language (mostly "US"), and set your user account (use your administrator account, mine was "HP") and continue to click Next while following the prompt.

Step 4: When you get to the list of options like "start up repair, system restore, etc" click on the "open command prompt" then type bcdedit and click enter
Then type bcdedit /deletevalue {default} truncatememory and click enter
Then type exit and click enter
The command prompt will disappear.

Step 5: Click Restart
Problem solved! If your problem still isn't solved, contact me. Or reply this my message.
Open Office 3.1 on Windows 7
mario6

Post by mario6 »

Lawrence_Ain you are KING and my savior! I'm stupid and fast do what some idiot type in first post and have blue screen and can't do anything.

Thanks for enormous help!!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

People, don't do steps in first post! :oops:
OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
Gouri Shankar

Post by Gouri Shankar »

Need help pls help me
OpenOffice 3.1
Ouzou256

Post by Ouzou256 »

Lawrence_Ain wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! I don't know about Windows XP users, but if you're using Windows 7, DO NOT USE THE SETTINGS PROVIDED BY @Papasmurf6! It will crash your system and it will show you the blue screen error. If you've already made the mistake, as I did, use the following instructions to fix...

Step 1: Forcefully shut down your system by holding down the power key until it turns off.

Step 2: Turn on your system and immediately press f8 continuously, it will show something like "Advanced booting options" then click on the first option on the list, something like "Repair system".

Step 3: Follow the prompt; set your keyboard language (mostly "US"), and set your user account (use your administrator account, mine was "HP") and continue to click Next while following the prompt.

Step 4: When you get to the list of options like "start up repair, system restore, etc" click on the "open command prompt" then type bcdedit and click enter
Then type bcdedit /deletevalue {default} truncatememory and click enter
Then type exit and click enter
The command prompt will disappear.

Step 5: Click Restart
Problem solved! If your problem still isn't solved, contact me. Or reply this my message.
Unfortunately, I tried it and can't do the steps you wrote.. I'm stuck at "Advenced Options for: Windows 7"
and don't know what to do
The choices are:
1-Safe mode
2-Safe mode with networking
3-Safe mode with comand prompt

4-Enable Boot Logging
5-Enable low-resolution video (640×480)
6-Last known good configuration (advenced)
7-Directory services restore mode
8-Debugging mode
9-Disable automatic restart on system failure
10-Disable driver signature enforcement

11-Start windown normally.
OpenOffice 3.7
Windows 7