Problems after update to Mac OS X Sierra

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
mendio

Problems after update to Mac OS X Sierra

Post by mendio »

Hello, open office 4.1.2. worked fine for me on operating system Mac OS X El Capitan. But updating it to Mac OS X Sierra seems to have caused changes in my open office. I was able to fix the choice of languages in orthography check between German and English by newly downloading and installing the US-English extension. But I can't get the system to automatically open doc. and odt files by open office, like it used to do. When I click/double click the files icon with the left mouse nothing happens at all, when I double click it with the right mouse it first wanted me to do extra clicks to open it by open office (far too long winded) and now it even refuses altogether to open the file. So open office is not working for me atall anymore. What can I do? Best wishes mendio
NeoOffice 2.2.3
Mac OS Sierra
RusselB

Re: Problems after update to Mac OS X Sierra

Post by RusselB »

There are a few posts about problems regarding Sierra on the forum already,
Using the Forum Search option, located near the top right of most (if not all) forum pages will bring up the posts.
A quick look showed 158 posts referencing Sierra. The search URL I got is search.php?keywords=sierra

To summarize, from what I recall, one of the biggest problems is that the update to Sierra removes the Java installation, so Java 6 has to be reinstalled
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
mendio

Re: Problems after update to Mac OS X Sierra

Post by mendio »

thank you
NeoOffice 2.2.3
Mac OS Sierra