Merge sheets, copy formats but not formulas

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
MistaX32

Merge sheets, copy formats but not formulas

Post by MistaX32 »

Edit: Split from Merge sheets of spreadsheet documents because questions are not allowed in the Code Snippets forum 
Thank you so much for this! This is very helpful!

I realize this is an old post but I hope I can still get through.

I intend to use this for work to compile information from different sources.
I have half-decent knowledge on java programming and very basic c++. When I look to edit these macros using "basic" I really cannot follow.

I am trying to change one thing to it: when the information from a file is pasted, I would like it include format (but not formulas - so I'm glad that's not the case now).

Would it be possible to let me know what and where I should edit this?

As an additional point, I have a folder full of spreadsheet-shortcuts so that I may access the original (which is in a customer folder) and not work with differing copies.

Is there any way to apply these great macros you created to the targets of these shortcuts?
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Merge sheets of spreadsheet documents

Post by Villeroy »

MistaX32 wrote:Is there any way to apply these great macros you created to the targets of these shortcuts?
1. I did not notice this question in 2 years because you did not post it to the right forum. See red box on top of this page.
2. Regarding the question: This works for me on a user friendly operating system. I don't have WIndows at hand yet, but I know that all its link files end with name extension .lnk and Windows hides this suffix from the user even if you tell it to not hide any name extensions.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice