[Solved] Changes only show on first page...

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
Bazsl1

[Solved] Changes only show on first page...

Post by Bazsl1 »

I added title text and deleted the author field and label. When I run the report the first page contains the title text and does not contain the author field or label, however, the second and subsequent pages do not contain the title text and do contain the author field and label. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Last edited by Bazsl1 on Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10 Pro
Nocton
Volunteer

Re: Changes only show on first page...

Post by Nocton »

It sounds as if you've put the title text in the report header with a 'force new page after section'. If you want it on every page with the detail then put in the page or group header. If you want it just once, but with the detail, then set 'force new page' to None.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
Bazsl1

Post by Bazsl1 »

Sorry that I was not clear about my question. The native report writer automatically puts the following text in the page header.

Author: John Smith
Date: 3/18/2016

I placed the cursor at the end of Smith then pressed Backspace once to delete the John Smith field. I then pressed Backspace again to delete Author:. When I ran the report Author: John Smith did not appear on the first page but still appears on all subsequent pages. How can I delete Author: John Smith and have it removed from the page header on all pages of the report? Thanks.
F3K Total
Volunteer

Post by F3K Total »

Hello,
there are two pagestyles within the native report writer, you need either to delete the second or modyfy it also.
R
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

Sorry, Bazsl1I assumed that you were using the Oracle Report Writer extension. I do suggest that you get it as it will give you a lot more control over the report format.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
Bazsl1

Post by Bazsl1 »

F3K Total,
Sorry but I am new to Base. Where do I find the second pagestyle? When I open the report in Edit mode I only see one page. Thanks for your help.
F3K Total
Volunteer

Post by F3K Total »

Hello,
it's a writer document, press F11, then you'll see Default and first Page beyond the pagestyles, turn of the header of both.
R
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
Bazsl1

Post by Bazsl1 »

Perfect. Thanks.