Office 365

Discuss your migration story or project
jamesbarnes56

Office 365

Post by jamesbarnes56 »

Hi,

I would be working out of multiple locations going forward. Was looking to move to cloud. You think Office 365 is a good alternative? I was looking for some of the plans that they have at www.o365cloudexperts.com Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
JB.
Last edited by acknak on Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: live link removed
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Office 365

Post by Zizi64 »

This Forum is not for MS products.

It is a Forum is for free, and open ource office suites: Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
keme
Volunteer

Re: Office 365

Post by keme »

If you want to go cloud, I'd look at Google solutions first. They have a better history of multiplatform support, better support for the ODF format set, lower entry price, and working sync solutions. (I work in a school using O365, and as of this writing, MS has not delivered a working OneDrive desktop-sync solution for enterprises. Sync for personal accounts does work, though.) Their licensing is also more transparent.

If you rely on integrations with other Microsoft solutions (incl. collaboration locked to OOXML format usage), have a large number of employees or require lots of space for file storage (>100GB per user), O365 may be functionally better, cheaper, or have better support.

Of course, the seamless integration between cloud and desktop applications (without needing to worry about sync at all) is a strong selling point for MS, when it works...
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10