OpenOffice interface fails to load

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
mehmattski

OpenOffice interface fails to load

Post by mehmattski »

Hello. I am running OpenOffice.org version 2.4 on Mac OSX 10.5.3. This morning I was working on a Spreadsheet when X11 unexpectedly quit. Since then I have been unable to load OpenOffice. Whether I double-click from the Applications folder or from my Dock icon, the same thing happens: X11 loads, followed by Open Office (appears in the Dock as an active application). Then, Open Office fails to load its interface. I have a persistent spinning wheel (black and white) and the Openoffice.org Mac OSX menu bar is there, but no GUI.

I moved my copy of OpenOffice into the trash and downloaded a new copy from the website. There was no change, the interface continues to fail to load. I tried searching for this problem in the Mac forum but I didn't get anything.

I am an experienced Mac User and have been using Open Office for a few months, however I am very inexperienced working with the Terminal. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!
OOo 2.4.X on Mac OSx Leopard
Hagar Delest

Re: OpenOffice interface fails to load

Post by Hagar Delest »

This is an old thread, have you fixed your issue?
Try to rename your OOo user profile (username/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice.org/), OOo will create a new one with new configuration files.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10