[Solved] Dialog Boxes Text Blank or jacked up

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
kschlueter

[Solved] Dialog Boxes Text Blank or jacked up

Post by kschlueter »

Since today the text in all of the dialog boxes in OO is either not visible or messed up. I uninstalled and re-installed the program several times. I installed the newest version of Java. I restarted my computer several times. I even uninstalled and installed an older version 3.0 of OO to no avail.

I cannot figure out what this stems from or how to fix it. I don't even know where to begin.

Example is attached.
Attachments
ooblank.jpg
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on MacOS X 10.10.1
MrProgrammer

Re: OpenOffice Dialog Boxes Text Blank or jacked up

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Similar issue? Some Fonts are not readable

I haven't installed Yosemite, and based on several problems reported in these forums, don't plan to. Mavericks is noticably slower than Snow Leopard was and I regret making that upgrade.

If this answered your question please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
mbrennwa

Re: OpenOffice Dialog Boxes Text Blank or jacked up

Post by mbrennwa »

Had the same issue with LibreOffice 4.x and 5.x on Mac OS X El Capitan. After creating a new user account on the same machine, the problem went away. Digging further I realized it was a problem with some font installed on my normal user account (DINRegular.ttf and DINRegularAlternate.ttf). After I removed these fonts from the ~/Library/Fonts/ folder of that account, things were fine.
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4