[Solved] Address label template how to...

Using them, Making them, Finding them
jimpublic@gmail.com

[Solved] Address label template how to...

Post by jimpublic@gmail.com »

I'm new to OO and using templates. I need details on where to store and how to use an address template. I've successfully downloaded and started to use but I don't know how to put my address in or anything, yeah sorry I'm a bit dumb :knock: I tried printing the template but can't get the info properly aligned on the lable sheet. Any help is surely appreciated.
Last edited by thomasjk on Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Mark thread [Solved] and add green checkmark
OpenOffice4.1.2 on Win 10
"....Spock vaporizes rock, and, as it always has, rock crushes
scissors. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "
acknak

Re: Address label template how to...

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

What is it you're trying to do? Fill in a sheet of address labels? Address an envelope?

What template are you working with--can you paste the address here of the page you downloaded from so we can see what you're working with?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
jimpublic@gmail.com

I'm trying to fill in a sheet of address lables. This template is the one I downloaded. I'm using Avery template for 8160
this is the URL http://templates.services.openoffice.or ... ess-labels
The specific prob is the addresses (text) don't line up properly only the first row and column are aligned correctly and it gets worse as the page goes on. Is this enough for you to help me? Please email me with any further instructions/help please. You may post here whatever might help someone else if you wish.
scissors. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Check that your template and the actual labels and the printer are all using the same size, In Europe labels and printers are often A4 by default and there may be some confusion between A4 and US Letter on one of those settings.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
jimpublic@gmail.com

I'm afraid I'm getting in deeper than I can handle. I don't know what sizes my template or printer are using nor do i know where to find that information. All i know is that i've downloaded what i believe to be the correct template and have it installed in "my Templates" .All i want to do is print a sheet of address lables with my address. how do i change all the lables at one time, or do i have to copy paste each of the 30 lables?
One more try and I'll just go buy some address lables already printed. But thanks for your help anyway.
scissors. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You can check the size of your label paper with a ruler. US Letter is 11.5x8.5inches, A4 is 297x210mm (8.25x11.75 inches). In OpenOffice, when you have loaded the label template, check /Format /Page and see what paper size is selected on the Page tab. In /File /Print there should be a Properties button that will show you the paper size the printer is expecting (you can Cancel out of that dialog so as not to waste a sheet of labels).
jimpublic@gmail.com

i can print a sheet on plain paper and just shadow to the lable sheet. no waste of lables :) ok that looks good to me. now i need to know how to fill my address into all the labels so I don't have to copy/paste 30 times.
scissors. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

That needs advice from someone else; my label printing experience is way out of date (think dot matrix printers of 30 years ago).
jimpublic@gmail.com

hahhaahah same here almost. but nevermind i've figured it all out by myself just now so thanks to everyone for your help it was helpful actually.
scissors. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "