Email documents

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Terry Smith

Email documents

Post by Terry Smith »

I have a new Windows 10 PC and am having trouble emailing documents. Also - and not for want of trying - I'm not computer literate so don't understand a lot of the jargon - so please bear with me.
My problem is, when I want to email a document a window opens, saying, 'Open Office was unable to find a working email configuration. Please save this document locally instead and attach it from within your email client'. What on earth does that mean? And how do I go about emailing a document? All my documents are saved on my PC; does that mean 'locally' or does it mean something else? I'm at a loss so would appreciate any assistance in a language I can understand. Many thanks in advance to anyone able to help.

Best Regards

Terry Smith
openoffice 4.1.1
Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Email documents

Post by Bill »

The default mail app in Windows 10 isn't compatible with AOO. If you're using the mail app in Windows 10 and you want to send a document as an email attachment, you have to do it by opening the mail app and using it to attach your document file to an email. You should go to a Windows 10 forum if you need help with using the mail app in Windows 10. You might also find tutorials on YouTube.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Terry Smith

Re: Email documents

Post by Terry Smith »

Thank you, Bill. I'll try to follow your advice

Regards

Terry
openoffice 4.1.1
Windows 10